What matters to us
Who we work with
We believe the voices of those that are creating a better world should be more powerful then the voices of those who are not. By only working on projects that are doing something good in the world, we are clearly ruling out working with military, tobacco companies, animal testing (for cosmetic or other non-medical purposes), gambling or anything else that isn't good for people or the planet.
How we work with others
We are open and honest about what we do and how we do it. We listen carefully and use straightforward terminology. No hidden surprises, no jargon, no nonsense. We check our suppliers' sustainability credentials and we always aim to pay our suppliers on time, being very aware of how cash-flow can affect companies. We are happy to pay fair rates, realising that everyone needs a margin to exist in business. Equally, we have a fair and transparent pricing structure for our clients.
How we work together
On Thursdays the Neo team have lunch together. The kitchen is always well stocked with quality ethical foods contributing to a good team spirit and a healthy, happy workplace. The wider team are involved and inclusively briefed about new projects and the importance of good performance towards a common goal of positive change. We reward employees with fun away days and bonuses when great results are achieved. We aim to create an energetic, fun and positive environment for our clients, our suppliers and so for ourselves.
How we work with our community
We sponsor local events like Brighton’s great arts festival that takes place in May each year. Where possible we buy from our local community and provide pro-bono work for selected local charity projects.
We offer placements to local students who are embarking upon their journey into employment, allowing them to come and work alongside us and learn the ropes. We encourage and allow staff time off for involvement in community and charitable activities.
How we feel about the environment
We only have one great planet and we want future generations to have the chance to appreciate it. With this in mind we do all we can to keep our carbon footprint as small as possible:
• We have a recycling policy and everyone is encouraged to put as little as possible in the land-fill waste bin.
• We use low energy light bulbs and our electricity comes from renewable energy sources. We wear lots of woollies in the winter to keep the heating temperature low. The last person in the studio switches of all appliances, nothing is left on stand-by.
• We print out as little as possible from correspondence and re-use waste paper for note taking. We use and encourage our clients to use recycled paper wherever possible.
• We carry out regular assessments of our sustainability targets.
• We encourage our staff to walk, cycle and use public transport.
• We take a holistic approach to our responsibilities, acknowledging how one act can impact on another.